Would you like the opportunity to be a part of a thriving veterinary clinic in the up and coming Cane Bay Area (Summerville, SC)? We are a family owned and operated business. The clinic is new, spacious, modern, and welcoming. We pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service to our clients, a Fear Free environment for their pets, and we strive every day to create an awesome team atmosphere amongst our staff. We also think that family time outside of work is important and therefore, we do not work weekends and aim to leave on time every night!
At Cane Bay Veterinary Clinic, we have five core values that we believe in as a team. They are Compassion, Respect, Dependability, Honesty, and Knowledge. We expect all members of our team to exemplify these values every day as we serve the patients and clients of our community, and we are guided by these values in all interactions with our teammates. If you feel you exemplify these values every day, we would love to have you join our team!
We are looking for a technician assistant. A technician assistant will primarily help the technicians in exam rooms and surgery. They will also help to clean and help to keep appointments on time. The best technician assistants are always readily available and eager to help. They are team players. They also are not afraid of cleaning and like things neat, tidy, and organized. They take direction well and look for tasks to stay busy during down time.
The ideal Candidate:
- Friendly, engaging personality
- Must be comfortable with animals
- Veterinary experience is a plus but not required
- Willing to help with cleaning
- Willing to learn and practice Fear Free Techniques
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction
- Must work well with others
- Must follow directions
- Animal Handling skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Player
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- High school degree
- Paid time-off
- Paid holidays
- Uniform reimbursement after 90 days
- Employee discount on pet medical services and medications
- Continuing Education
- Fun, family-oriented environment
Hours for employment:
- Monday through Friday: 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM
- Employee will have one day off each week (will be determined at hire)
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com and answer the following questions:
- What do you know about Fear Free Practice and how do you feel about working in an environment that believes strongly in Fear Free Practice?
- What are your career goals?
- Although veterinary medicine is often rewarding and fun, it can also be challenging and sad. Unfortunately, we see a fair number of pets who are in pain, sick, and sometimes must be euthanized. Do you feel this is something you will be able to handle emotionally and what strategies will you use to handle this?
Only applicants that submit a cover letter, resume, and answer the questions will be considered for employment. Must be emailed to be considered.